Save 10% Today! when you set up your first Auto Order | Learn More
$11.95 (SKU: 420 - 8 oz.) (8 oz.)
Pet ear cleaning made easy. No alcohol or harsh chemicals to irritate sensitive pet ears....
One of the best parts about pet ownership is the cuddling, of course. But what happens when your guinea pig, rabbit, dog or cat has dirty ears? It can produce a funky smell that makes it difficult to get close to your precious pet.
Rather than just hold your breath and deal with it, take the time to establish an ear cleaning routine. Your pet will love having a clean, fresh ear, and you’ll love getting close to your pet again.
When you sniff your pet’s ears, there shouldn’t be an overly yeasty or unpleasant smell. Odor is often the first sign of an ear infection, and regular ear cleanings are a great way to avoid this painful problem.
The inside of the ear should be pink with a small amount of pale yellow wax. An abundance of wax, or redness and swelling are signs of a problem.
Rabbits: Ear mites are common in rabbits and can lead to ear infections. Pinpricks or scabs in the ears are the first indicators of mites. You may find your rabbit shaking his head a lot or losing his balance. Left untreated, the scabs will multiply and possibly lead to infection. This will create a nasty smell and crusty mess inside your rabbit’s ears.
Cats: Just like rabbits, mites are to blame in nearly 50% of ear infections. If your cat has an ear infection, you’ll likely notice excessive scratching and pawing of the ears; an aversion to having the ears touched; problems with balance; wax buildup (particularly black wax, which is a sign of mites); swelling and odor.
Dogs: Ear infections are the most common health issue in dogs. Yet, 20% of the time, pet owners are unaware of the problem. Signs of canine ear infection include excessive shaking of the head, scratching at the ears, or rubbing the ears against furniture; black wax or abundant ear wax; redness or swelling; head tilt or problems with balance.
1. Begin handling your pet’s ears at a very young age. This will work two-fold. You’ll get a sense for what’s normal and what isn’t when it comes to your pet’s ear health. It will also make it easier to start an ear cleaning routine. Take breaks while you handle the ears in order to build trust and get your pet used to the feeling.
2. Be gentle. Never overly restrain your pet, and let go of your pet’s ear if he pulls away. Rabbit ears in particular are very delicate and can get damaged if handled too roughly.
3. Keep it positive. Praise your pet throughout ear handling or cleaning and reward with a treat afterward. That way your pet may actually look forward to ear cleaning.
4. Ear clean after exercise. If your pet is worn out from exercise, he’ll be more prone to sit still for an ear cleaning session.
5. Use a high-quality pet ear cleaner. Many store brands contain alcohol, which can sting, burn or irritate the ear canal. Set your pet up for ear cleaning success by using a high-quality, alcohol-free ear cleaner.
Which pet ear cleaner do veterinarians, groomers, and pet owners use, love and recommend every single day?
Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner.
This alcohol-free pet ear cleaning solution quickly and easily breaks up wax, debris and ear mites, leaving your pet with clean, fresh-smelling ears. No harsh chemicals and no icky residue left behind to cause irritation.
Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner is non-toxic, fast-acting and proudly made in the USA. So safe and gentle, Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner can be used to clean the ears of virtually any pet. More information...
What’s our secret to neutralizing icky ear odors? Oxygene®.
This is the patented ingredient that put us on the map 30 years ago … and what puts peace of mind into the homes of loving pet owners like you. More information...
Non-toxic and completely safe, Oxygene® dissolves (oxidizes) odor-causing compounds on contact, leaving your pet with an odor-free ear without the use of irritating chemicals.
Listen to Your Pet
Listen to what your pet’s stinky ears are trying to tell you … and adopt a convenient and effective ear cleaning routine today with help from your pet pals at Oxyfresh!
Oxyfresh has complete confidence in the excellence of its products.
That’s why we offer a 100 percent money-back guarantee (minus the cost of shipping) within 30 days of purchase if you’re not happy.