$5 SHIPPING ON RETAIL ORDERS OVER $49!
Dirty ears can be a real CATastrophe for pets and their owners.
They’re more than stinky; dirty cat ears can also lead to painful feline ear infections.
How often should you clean your cat’s ears? That depends on your furry friend’s grooming habits. Some cats are ultra-diligent with this task. Others are a bit on the lazy side.
The best way to tell if your cat needs an ear cleaning is to look at the ears, and if you’re really brave, give them a sniff.
If your cats ears are filled with wax, dirt and debris – and giving off a funky odor – it’s time to help your dirty cat come clean.
Ear mites are to blame in half the cases of cat ear infections. Other causes include wax buildup, an overgrowth of yeast or bacteria in the ear, allergies such as food or pollen, foreign bodies like a blade of grass, or tumors/polyps within the ear canal.
At-home cat ear cleaning is the best way to help your cat avoid an ear infection. Left untreated, cat ear infections can increase the chance of chronic disease and hearing loss. Plus, ear infections are painful for your pet.
One of the tricks cats keep up their sleeves, ‘er, paws, is to hide their pain. That’s why it’s important to watch for any of the signs of ear infection.
1. Start young. Ear cleaning can begin at 8 weeks old. Getting your cat used to ear cleaning at a young age can save you headache and frustration later on.
2. Keep it positive. Before and during the ear cleaning process, give your cat a treat. That way, your cat will always associate ear cleaning with something good happening.
3. No “Grumpy Cat.” You’ll want to clean your cat’s ears when your cat is happy. In other words, if your cat has just had a bath or a run-in with the dog, not the best time to bust out the ear cleaner!
4. Practice restraint. Cats feel trapped when they’re overly restrained. Hold your cat gently, or if needed, wrap your cat’s body (all limbs included) in a thick towel (think “burrito” style). If you have a friend, spouse, or older child in the house, enlist some help to clean the cat’s ears if you’re a beginner. And, if your cat gets super agitated, stop and try again later.
5. Use a high-quality cat ear cleaner (and follow the instructions). There’s a dizzying array of ear cleaning products for cats on the market, so it’s important to be a savvy shopper.
Many store-brand cat ear cleaners contain alcohol, which can burn and irritate the sensitive skin in the ear canal.
And those DIY recipes you’ll find online? They often call for alcohol and vinegar … both ingredients that can sting and burn your cat’s skin.
Also beware of homemade cat ear cleaners that call for water. Water can get trapped in cats’ ears, encouraging yeast to grow. Yeast growth makes the ears ripe for an ear infection.
Additionally, many store brand cat ear cleaners are made with slow-acting surfactants. These ingredients leave an undesirable coating behind in your cat’s ears, which can cause further irritation or even infection.
Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner is enthusiastically loved and recommended by groomers, veterinarians, and loyal cat owners like you! More information...
This alcohol-free cat ear cleaning solution never stings, burns or irritates sensitive cat ears like store brands can.
Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner has a gentle, penetrating base that quickly and effectively breaks up wax, dirt and ear mites, so your cat can have clean, itch-free ears. And no residue left behind to cause irritation!
Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner is USA-made, fast acting, easy to use, non-toxic to people and pets, and powered by Oxygene® to get rid of stinky ear odors.
Oxygene® is the ingredient that put Oxyfresh on the map 30 years ago … and what puts peace of mind into the homes of cat lovers across the country.
This safe, non-toxic ingredient dissolves odor-causing compounds on contact, rather than masking odors artificially with harsh chemicals. More information...
Oxygene® eliminates odors completely, provides relief from itching, and neutralizes harmful bacteria, promoting healthy, odor-free ears. You won’t find this exclusive ingredient in any other cat ear cleaning solution.
Give your cat the gift of clean, healthy ears with Oxyfresh Pet Ear Cleaner. No sting, no burn, no residue left behind. Just blissfully clean and odor-free cat ears!
Oxyfresh has complete confidence in the excellence of its products.
That’s why we offer a 100% money-back guarantee (minus the cost of shipping) within 30 days of purchase if you’re not happy.