$5 SHIPPING ON RETAIL ORDERS OVER $49! (US Only)
Tired of hiding behind your hand when you talk to your co-workers and friends? Been there, smelled that!
We all get bad breath from time to time, but if yours is an ongoing problem, you could have chronic bad breath. Also known as halitosis, this oral health condition affects over 80 million Americans.
According to a dating poll conducted by Match.com, bad breath is among the 3 most unattractive traits. Another survey revealed that 85% of people believe bad breath is the most important thing to avoid when meeting someone for the first time.
If you feel like you’ve already tried every mint, gum, and burning alcohol-based mouthwash to cure your bad breath, here’s a little secret about why these oral care products don’t work: they only MASK bad breath, and some even make the problem worse!
Before you get discouraged, there are solutions for bad breath that actually work to fix the problem at the source.
Bad breath is most often caused by bacteria buildup in the mouth. This bacteria releases stinky sulfur molecules called Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs) when you open your mouth. Four main factors contribute to this buildup:
Dry Mouth (Lack of Saliva): Saliva is the body’s natural defense against VSCs. Over 400 medications can give you dry mouth. Stress, snoring, dehydration, and alcohol-based mouthwashes also cause dry mouth.
Poor Oral Hygiene: Bacteria left unchecked in the mouth will give you unsightly plaque, bad breath, and likely some expensive trips to the dentist. If you have dentures, it’s just as important to keep them clean.
Illness: A variety of illnesses can give your breath a unique stink. Mucus and nasal drip from respiratory illnesses and allergies create a “mothball-like” smell. Diabetes can produce a rotten fruit smell. Perhaps worst of all, tonsil stones. They make the breath smell like dirty diapers. Yuck!
Coffee & Garlic: We can’t live without our coffee in the morning and garlicky dishes at dinner, but it’s everyone else who pays the price. The stronger the food or drink we consume, the stronger the odor coming from our mouths as our bodies digest them.
Here’s what’s really alarming: just like how a skunk doesn’t mind its own smell, us humans become immune to our smell because we’re around it all the time. That’s why, to treat bad breath, you need to know if you actually have it!
Tongue Test. All you need is a spoon. Invert the spoon and scrape it down your tongue, back to front. Let the gunk you collect sit on the spoon for a moment, and then smell it. That’s the odor other people smell when you talk.
Dental Floss Test. Floss between your back molars where food often gets trapped, and then smell the floss. That pungent smell is what other people smell when they get close!
Lick Test. Lick the inside of your wrist. Once the saliva is dry, give your wrist a smell. This is a great indicator as to whether or not you have bad breath.
Food Test. If your favorite foods are starting to taste not quite like they used to, this is a sign of bad breath.
1. Drink More Water. Drink water first thing in the morning to moisten your mouth and help get rid of morning breath. Most people’s mouths naturally dry out during the night (it’s worse for mouth breathers and snorers). Sip water all day to prevent dry mouth, and during and after meals to rinse away food particles.
2. Keep Your Tongue Clean. Cleaning your tongue will remove 75% more bacteria versus brushing alone. Use a spoon to remove the gunk, or even more effective, a Tongue Scraper.
3. Get Your Vitamin C. Vitamin C in your favorite fruits and veggies breaks down plaque and creates an unwelcome environment for bacteria. Check out the list of the top 10 vitamin C foods.
4. Avoid Alcohol-Based Mouthwashes. Mouthwashes you’ll find in the store contain high-alcohol contents. In the process of killing bacteria, the alcohol dries out the mouth. Dry mouth = stinky mouth!
5. Add a Probiotic to Your Diet. Probiotics aren’t just good for our gut health. They also benefit our breath. This “good bacteria” helps to reduce the amount of stinky bacteria – Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs).
6. Adopt Good Oral Hygiene Habits. Brush twice a day with a quality toothpasteand floss at least once a day. If you wear dentures, remove them at night and thoroughly clean them before they go back in your mouth.
Oxyfresh has simply the best toothpastes to fight bad breath and halitosis. True, we’re a bit impartial. But thousands of dentists and former bad breath sufferers agree … and we’re confident that you will too!
Other toothpastes may promise you a blast of fresh breath, but once the artificial mint taste wears off, you’re back to bad breath city.
Oxygene®, on the other hand, gets rid of bad breath completely for hours. This is our exclusive ingredient that literally dissolves (oxygenates) stinky sulfur compounds, leaving you with a clean, odor-free mouth. Oxygene® also fights plaque, giving you a healthier smile.
You won’t find the oxygenating power of Oxyfresh toothpastes anywhere else!
Lemon-Mint Power Paste: Powered by Oxygene® and zinc, this is our most popular fluoride-free toothpaste. It’s flavored with a zesty blend of natural essential oils, plus xylitol, a natural sweetener found in fruits and veggies. Free of: dyes, sodium lauryl sulfate, and saccharin. Super-concentrated so it lasts 4 times longer than store brands! More information...
Fluoride Toothpaste: Get the cavity-fighting protection of a non-staining fluoride, the bad breath fighting superpowers of Oxygene® and zinc, and natural ingredients like peppermint oil and xylitol for a mild, natural mint flavor. Perfect cavity-fighting toothpaste for the whole family. More information...
Original Toothpaste: Toothpaste that’s strong on bad breath, gentle on enamel. With an RDA rating of only 45, this is one of the lowest-abrasion toothpastes on the market. Fluoride-free, dye-free, saccharin-free, and flavored with xylitol and natural peppermint oil. With Oxygene® for long-lasting fresh breath protection. More information...
Oxyfresh has complete confidence in the excellence of its products.
That’s why we offer a 100% money-back guarantee (minus the cost of shipping) within 30 days of purchase if you’re not happy.