Bad breath (Halitosis) is an embarrassing problem. It can make you self-conscious, “reek” havoc on your relationships, and cause you to skip out on social activities you once enjoyed.
If you’re one of the 80 million Americans suffering from Halitosis, maybe you feel like you’ve tried every mint and mouthwash under the sun to cure it.
Quick fixes like gums, mints and alcohol-based mouthwashes only mask the problem. They don’t actually treat or prevent bad breath. Ironically, alcohol-based mouthwashes make it even worse by drying out the mouth.
Most cases of bad breath are because of bacteria buildup in the mouth. This bacteria releases stinky sulfur molecules (Volatile Sulfur Compounds – VSCs) every time you open your mouth to breathe, speak or share a kiss.
Here are the most common ways this buildup occurs ...
Dry Mouth: Smoking, stress, snoring, certain medications, and not drinking enough water can all cause dry mouth. Alcohol-based mouthwashes also dry out the mouth. A dry mouth creates a breeding ground for stinky bacteria to multiply.
Poor Oral Hygiene: Bacteria left unchecked on the teeth, tongue and gums can lead to plaque buildup, cavities and gum disease … all things that give you bad breath. Not properly cleaning your dentures can also cause bad breath.
Sickness: Different illnesses can create different bad breath smells. Mucus and nasal drip from sinus infections, colds and allergies can cause a “mothball-like” smell. Diabetes can create an unpleasant fruity smell. Tonsil stones can make the breath smell like a messy diaper.
Here’s what’s really troubling: many people aren’t even aware that they have bad breath. Why? Because we become immune to our own smell.
Tongue Test. Grab a kitchen spoon, invert it and scrape it firmly down your tongue from back to front. Let the stinky sludge sit on the spoon for a minute, then sniff it. This is the odor coming from your mouth when you talk.
Dental Floss Test. Use a strand of dental floss and insert it between your back teeth. This is where trapped food likes to fester. Once you remove the dental floss, give it a sniff. This will give you an idea of how your breath smells to others.
Lick Test. Lick the inside of your wrist and let your saliva dry there for 10 seconds. Then smell where you licked. If it smells bad, your breath is probably bad.
Mirror Test. Stick out your tongue as far as possible while looking in the mirror. If your tongue has a white or yellowish film, you likely have bad breath.
1. Stay Hydrated. Drinking water throughout the day stimulates salivary flow to help prevent dry mouth. Saliva is rich in oxygen, and stinky sulfur molecules can’t grow in an oxygen-rich environment. Drink water with meals too – this helps rinse away leftover food particles that could otherwise get trapped and stink as they break down.
2. Keep Your Tongue Clean. Cleaning your tongue will remove 75% more bacteria versus brushing alone. Use a spoon to remove the gunk, or even more effective, a Tongue Scraper.
3. Get Your Vitamin C. Vitamin C breaks down plaque and creates an unfriendly environment for bacteria to grow. Strawberries, kiwis, and oranges are all great sources of vitamin C. Check out the list of the top 10 vitamin C foods.
4. Eat a Balanced Diet. Eating meals that are only protein rich will cause the body to just burn fat and not sugar. When this happens, a condition known as ketosis occurs, which causes bad breath.
5. Adopt Good Oral Hygiene Habits. Brush twice a day and floss at least once a day, preferably before bedtime. If you wear dentures, remove them at night and thoroughly clean them before they go back in your mouth. Visit your dentist twice a year for regular cleanings.
6. Swish with an Alcohol-Free Mouthwash. Mouthwashes you’ll find in the store contain a high-alcohol content. In the process of killing bacteria, the alcohol dries out the mouth. Dry mouth = stinky mouth!
Oxyfresh pioneered the alcohol-free mouthwash movement over 30 years ago. Today, we still have the most effective line of alcohol-free mouthwashes to treat bad breath.
Don’t just take our word for it: thousands of dentists use and recommend Oxyfresh mouthwashes every day.
Oxyfresh mouthwashes get rid of bad breath completely for up to 6 hours. No sting. No burn. No staining. Just the confidence of lasting fresh breath and ingredients you can feel good about.
Oxygene®: the secret for lasting fresh breath
Exclusive only to Oxyfresh, Oxygene® is our patented ingredient that safely and effectively neutralizes the stinky molecules that cause bad breath and an unhealthy mouth.
Oxygene® literally dissolves odor-causing compounds, giving you lasting fresh breath, fast!
Get the best solution for your bad breath with one of these 5 Oxyfresh mouthwash formulas.
Each mouthwash is dye-free for a white, bright smile; alcohol-free for no sting, burn or dry mouth; and powered by Oxygene® to quickly dissolve odor-causing compounds … up to 6 hours!
Lemon-Mint Power Rinse Mouthwash: Our most popular mouthwash. This zesty formula is naturally flavored with a unique blend of essential oils: lemon, orange, grapefruit, bergamot, lime and peppermint. With zinc for added breath protection, plus aloe to soothe the gums and prevent dry mouth. Sweetened with xylitol. Fluoride-free. More information...
Fresh Mint Fluoride Mouthwash: Fight gingivitis and cavities while you freshen your breath. Contains a safe and effective concentration of non-staining fluoride plus the plaque-fighting power of xylitol, a natural sweetener found in fruits and veggies. Flavored with natural peppermint oil. More information...
Fresh Mint Mouthwash: The perfect mouthwash for sensitive teeth and gums. Natural peppermint oil provides a mild, minty taste that soothes and cools the mouth. Sweetened naturally with xylitol. Fluoride-free. More information...
Patented Zinc Mouthwash: This mighty mouthwash has a powerful and patented combo of zinc and Oxygene® for unrivaled deodorizing action. Flavored with natural peppermint oil. Sweetened with xylitol. Fluoride-free. More information...
Unflavored Mouthwash: Uniquely unflavored for those who have a sensitivity to mint. No flavors or sweeteners of any kind. Fluoride-free. More information...
We offer 100% Money Back Guarantee on all our products.